Skip to content
Breaking News

Breaking News

  • Home
  • World
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Life Style
  • Sports
  • Toggle search form
Marvel bosses didn’t want to cast Robert Downey Jr. as ‘Iron Man’

Marvel bosses didn’t want to cast Robert Downey Jr. as ‘Iron Man’

Posted on December 3, 2023 By Admin No Comments on Marvel bosses didn’t want to cast Robert Downey Jr. as ‘Iron Man’


Marvel chief Kevin Feige shares Robert Downey Jr.’s was initially opposed by the execs for ‘Iron Man’ role

Marvel bosses didn’t want to cast Robert Downey Jr. as ‘Iron Man’

Robert Downey Jr. is one of the most prominent faces of the Marvel universe as Iron Man; however, initially, the franchise’s higher-ups had an issue with the actor’s casting due to his legal past troubles.

During an interview with Vanity Fair, the superhero’s franchise head honcho Kevin Feige shared, “It purely came down to the Marvel board being nervous at putting all of their chips in their future films on somebody who famously had those legal troubles in the past.”

He continued, “I wasn’t very good — and I’m still not great — at taking no for an answer. But I also don’t pound my chest to try to get my way.”

Adding, “I try to figure out ways to make it as clear to other people why we should head in a direction. And that’s when the idea of a screen test came up.”

Previously, Marvel’s founder David Maisel revealed he argued for the approval of the 58-year-old after opposition from other executives.

“My board thought I was crazy to put the future of the company in the hands of an addict. I helped them understand how great he was for the role. We all had confidence that he was clean and would stay clean,” the ex-head told The New Yorker.



Source link

Entertainment

Post navigation

Previous Post: Dr Pepper Awards Two $100,000 Scholarships to Correct Halftime Blunder
Next Post: Migration rules: What impact might the changes have on the care sector?

More Related Articles

“Thunder from Down Under” celebrates over 30 years as top attraction “Thunder from Down Under” celebrates over 30 years as top attraction Entertainment
Spencer Pratt compares his fledgling political career to Obama’s national rise: “He had no experience running the whole entire country” Spencer Pratt compares his fledgling political career to Obama’s national rise: “He had no experience running the whole entire country” Entertainment
Who performed at the Trump 2025 inauguration? Here’s the list of today’s singers. Who performed at the Trump 2025 inauguration? Here’s the list of today’s singers. Entertainment
With few new leads 45 days after Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance, investigation “becomes much harder,” expert says With few new leads 45 days after Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance, investigation “becomes much harder,” expert says Entertainment
Princess Charlotte stands in front as Kate Middleton undergoes chemotherapy Princess Charlotte stands in front as Kate Middleton undergoes chemotherapy Entertainment
National Recording Registry adds Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Ray Charles and more. See the 2026 list. National Recording Registry adds Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Ray Charles and more. See the 2026 list. Entertainment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • EasyJet boss says summer flights won’t be hit by jet fuel shortages
  • Coco Gauff dominates Jelena Ostapenko to reach her first US Open semifinal | CNN
  • Byron Allen on his love for late night TV as his show
  • WHO says Ebola not a
  • American tourists arrested in Japan after alleged break-in at viral monkey Punch’s enclosure

Categories

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Life Style
  • Sports
  • World

Copyright © 2026 Breaking News.

Powered by PressBook Blog WordPress theme