Skip to content
Breaking News

Breaking News

  • Home
  • World
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Life Style
  • Sports
  • Toggle search form
Leon founder buys back restaurant chain from supermarket giant

Leon founder buys back restaurant chain from supermarket giant

Posted on October 31, 2025 By Admin No Comments on Leon founder buys back restaurant chain from supermarket giant


For free real time breaking news alerts sent straight to your inbox sign up to our breaking news emails

Sign up to our free breaking news emails

Sign up to our free breaking news emails

Breaking News

The fast-food chain Leon has been reacquired by its co-founder, John Vincent, from Asda.

This follows its takeover by the billionaire Issa brothers four years ago.

Asda confirmed the sale to Mr Vincent, who co-founded Leon in 2004. The deal includes 46 Leon restaurants, 20 UK franchises, three franchised sites in the Netherlands, and one in Italy. Approximately 1,120 staff across the chain will transfer to the new ownership.

The Times reported earlier on Friday that Mr Vincent could pay between £30 million and £50 million for the chain.

This would mark at least a 50% discount on the £100 million reported purchase price in 2021.

Leon waffle fries

Leon waffle fries

Asda did not disclose the sale price, and declined to comment on reports the brand was being bought back at a large discount.

The grocer said the sale reflects efforts to focus on its core retail operations, which incorporates its supermarkets, cafes, pharmacy, and fuel business.

Mr Vincent created Leon with Henry Dimbleby and chef Allegra McEvedy to focus on healthy fast food.

It was sold to Mohsin Issa and Zuber Issa’s business EG Group in 2021 before becoming a part of their Asda business in 2023.

Mr Dimbleby recently warned that the Leon brand could be “destroyed” under Asda’s ownership.

In an interview with The Telegraph, he said the company was abandoning its original goal of selling food that is “convenient and healthy” in favour of “cheap”, unhealthy alternatives.



Source link

Business

Post navigation

Previous Post: Meet
Next Post: Video: A Haunted Tour of the Met Museum

More Related Articles

Braithwaite secures Rs 180 crore order from railways to supply 500 wagons – Times of India Braithwaite secures Rs 180 crore order from railways to supply 500 wagons – Times of India Business
Rs3.5m loan cap limits housing scheme appeal | The Express Tribune Rs3.5m loan cap limits housing scheme appeal | The Express Tribune Business
Rupee May Touch 92 This Month Amid India-US Trade Deal Delay, FPI Outflows, Debt Selling: Experts Rupee May Touch 92 This Month Amid India-US Trade Deal Delay, FPI Outflows, Debt Selling: Experts Business
Budget 2026: Defence, critical minerals and infra may get major boost Budget 2026: Defence, critical minerals and infra may get major boost Business
Vistex CEO Sanjay Shah Passes Away In Silver Jubilee Program Accident: Check A-Z About Him Vistex CEO Sanjay Shah Passes Away In Silver Jubilee Program Accident: Check A-Z About Him Business
2023 Tata Nexon Ev Massive Discount Of Up To 2.65 Lakhs 2023 Tata Nexon Ev Massive Discount Of Up To 2.65 Lakhs Business

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • ‘Potential to diversify’: US state secretary Rubio pushes for US energy supplies to India in meeting with PM Modi
  • Section of Eiffel Tower staircase fetches over €450,000 at auction
  • Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert turns grief over son’s rare disease into search for a cure
  • California man charged with attempted murder after bloody attack outside San Diego ‘Trump House’
  • EasyJet boss says summer flights won’t be hit by jet fuel shortages

Categories

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Life Style
  • Sports
  • World

Copyright © 2026 Breaking News.

Powered by PressBook Blog WordPress theme