Skip to content
Breaking News

Breaking News

  • Home
  • World
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Life Style
  • Sports
  • Toggle search form
Why Meghan Markle did not think her marital home was ‘a big deal’

Why Meghan Markle did not think her marital home was ‘a big deal’

Posted on August 11, 2025 By Admin No Comments on Why Meghan Markle did not think her marital home was ‘a big deal’


Why Meghan Markle did not think her marital home was ‘a big deal’

Meghan Makrle was denied request to live in the historic Windsor Castle right at the time she was married to Prince Harry.

The Duchess of Sussex, was allotted the humble Frogmore Cottage instead when she began her married life in 2018.

Royal historian Hugo Vickers previously told The Times : “There are empty bedrooms and suites in the private apartments which the Sussexes may have had their eye on, or perhaps some former living quarters in the castle grounds converted into other things.

“But I can see how it might not be entirely appropriate to have a young family living there.”

Meanwhile, Royal author Katie Nicholl, in her book The New Royals, penned: “The cottage was a big deal. The Queen’s entrance into the gardens is right next to their cottage. It is essentially her backyard, her solitude, and her privacy.

“She was giving that up in gifting Harry and Meghan Frogmore Cottage. We all thought it was very big of her. She said ‘I hope they’ll respect it’.”

Prince Harry left the Royal Family back in 2020 alongside wife Meghan Markle and son, Prince Archie. The couple later accused the Royal Family of showcasing racism towards their son and publicly shared their grievances on television. Harry and Meghan now live in California, where they also welcomed their daughter, Princess Lilibet.





Source link

Entertainment

Post navigation

Previous Post: US licenses Nvidia to export chips to China | The Express Tribune
Next Post: The Streets are Talking, and Express Entertainment is Listening | The Express Tribune

More Related Articles

King Charles latest move sparks reactions King Charles latest move sparks reactions Entertainment
Jennifer Aniston responds to JD Vance’s “childless cat ladies” remark Jennifer Aniston responds to JD Vance’s “childless cat ladies” remark Entertainment
Oasis takes Richard Ashcroft onboard for 2025 reunion tour: ‘Music is power’ Oasis takes Richard Ashcroft onboard for 2025 reunion tour: ‘Music is power’ Entertainment
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle snub critics by holding out on major tradition Prince Harry and Meghan Markle snub critics by holding out on major tradition Entertainment
Giancarlo Esposito recalls financial struggles before ‘Breaking Bad’ Giancarlo Esposito recalls financial struggles before ‘Breaking Bad’ Entertainment
Here Comes the Sun: Actor Juliette Lewis and owls Here Comes the Sun: Actor Juliette Lewis and owls Entertainment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • American tourists arrested in Japan after alleged break-in at viral monkey Punch’s enclosure
  • Sony PlayStation Plus price hike confirmed: New subscribers to pay more starting May 20
  • Pakistani celebrities, designers bring cultural flair to Cannes 2026 | The Express Tribune
  • KSE-100 index slumps over 2,500 points amid geopolitical tensions | The Express Tribune
  • Pakistan steady after Das ton | The Express Tribune

Categories

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Life Style
  • Sports
  • World

Copyright © 2026 Breaking News.

Powered by PressBook Blog WordPress theme