Skip to content
Breaking News

Breaking News

  • Home
  • World
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Life Style
  • Sports
  • Toggle search form
Commission overstated OK’d NIL deals by .4M

Commission overstated OK’d NIL deals by $44.4M

Posted on September 6, 2025 By Admin No Comments on Commission overstated OK’d NIL deals by $44.4M


The College Sports Commission sent a correction Friday, saying it had overstated the value of name, image, likeness deals it has cleared by more than $40 million in a data set it made public a day earlier.

The commission blamed a clerical reporting error in data provided by Deloitte, which helped develop the platform called NIL Go.

The most jarring of the errors: The total value of deals cleared was $35.42 million instead of the $79.8 million previously announced. The $79.8 million is the total amount of all deals in the system, including those that are still pending.

Editor’s Picks

The CSC also said that 6,090 deals had been approved, not the previously reported number of 8,359, which is the total number of deals in the system to date.

“We take full responsibility for this reporting error,” Deloitte said in a statement. “We have taken additional measures to avoid any future recurrence and are fully confident in the NIL Go platform.”

The platform was created as part of the House settlement, which allows schools to pay athletes directly for their NIL while also offering them a chance to make money from outside groups. The CSC is using NIL Go to analyze the outside deals worth $600 or more.

The CSC is releasing figures periodically in what it has said is an effort for transparency as it undertakes the difficult task of sorting through thousands of business deals made by athletes, whose eligibility is at stake if the contracts aren’t deemed to be within the guidelines.

The mistake offers a window into the enormity of the task for the CSC, which opened July 1 and last month was operating with fewer than half a dozen full-time employees.

The CSC said most deals are being cleared within a week but acknowledged frustration in the time it takes in some cases.

“The CSC is working diligently to speed up wait times and regrets the frustration caused by these initial delays in the process,” the commission said in a statement. “As with any new system of this scale, some early delays and growing pains are inevitable.”

The commission did not report errors in other statistics it released Thursday, including the 332 deals that had not been cleared and 75 that had been resubmitted.

It said 2,003 deals were pending, about half of which were awaiting more information and the other half of which were under active review.



Source link

Sports

Post navigation

Previous Post: Rabies, rage & rights | The Express Tribune
Next Post: Elisha Wadhwani Celebrates Heritage and Modernity Through Couture

More Related Articles

Virat Kohli surpasses Sachin Tendulkar, setting new List A cricket record Virat Kohli surpasses Sachin Tendulkar, setting new List A cricket record Sports
Australia’s Starc opts out of return to IPL Australia’s Starc opts out of return to IPL Sports
Amir shines for Vancouver Knights in Global T20 Canada – SUCH TV Amir shines for Vancouver Knights in Global T20 Canada – SUCH TV Sports
Spurs lose Victor Wembanyama to first career ejection after violent elbow in Western Conference semis Spurs lose Victor Wembanyama to first career ejection after violent elbow in Western Conference semis Sports
WCC, OSU, WSU partner for hoops, other sports WCC, OSU, WSU partner for hoops, other sports Sports
Pakistan’s likely bowling attack for first T20I against NZ revealed Pakistan’s likely bowling attack for first T20I against NZ revealed Sports

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • ‘Potential to diversify’: US state secretary Rubio pushes for US energy supplies to India in meeting with PM Modi
  • Section of Eiffel Tower staircase fetches over €450,000 at auction
  • Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert turns grief over son’s rare disease into search for a cure
  • California man charged with attempted murder after bloody attack outside San Diego ‘Trump House’
  • EasyJet boss says summer flights won’t be hit by jet fuel shortages

Categories

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Life Style
  • Sports
  • World

Copyright © 2026 Breaking News.

Powered by PressBook Blog WordPress theme