Skip to content
Breaking News

Breaking News

  • Home
  • World
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Life Style
  • Sports
  • Toggle search form
ICE says immigrant who died in Texas detention center committed suicide

ICE says immigrant who died in Texas detention center committed suicide

Posted on January 20, 2026 By Admin No Comments on ICE says immigrant who died in Texas detention center committed suicide


NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Immigration and Customs Enforcement said an immigrant who was found dead at an immigration detention center in El Paso, Texas, last week had killed himself.

Victor Manuel Diaz, from Nicaragua, appeared to have taken his own life on Wednesday at the sprawling tent complex at the U.S. Army’s Fort Bliss military base in El Paso, ICE said in a statement.

“Contract security staff found Diaz unconscious and unresponsive in his room. They immediately notified contract medical staff on site to conduct life-saving measures,” ICE’s statement said.

JEFFRIES SAYS DHS SECRETARY NOEM ‘SHOULD BE RUN OUT OF TOWN’ AMID ICE SHOOTING BACKLASH

ICE said Victor Manuel Diaz appeared to have taken his own life on Wednesday at the sprawling tent complex at the U.S. Army’s Fort Bill base in El Paso. (AP)

ICE did not release any additional details regarding Diaz’s death. Federal officials continue to investigate the death of the 36-year-old migrant.

Fox News Digital has reached out to ICE for further comment.

Diaz was detained on Jan. 6 as part of the federal immigration raids in Minnesota before being sent to the Texas facility, according to ICE.

He entered the U.S. nearly two years ago, and Border Patrol took him into custody. Diaz was released on parole pending a court date and a judge ordered him to leave the U.S. in a hearing in August that he did not attend, ICE said.

ICE HQ

Federal officials continue to investigate the death of the 36-year-old migrant. (Alex Wong/Getty Images)

Diaz was given a final order for removal on Jan. 12, two days before he was found unconscious in his room.

He was being held at Camp Montana East, the same facility where ICE said another detainee, Geraldo Lunas Campos, died earlier this month as federal officials claim staff members attempted to stop him from killing himself.

But a fellow detainee said at least five officers were restraining Lunas Campos and pinned him to the floor, including at least one who had an arm around his neck.

MINNESOTA FACULTY UNION CALLS FOR ‘ECONOMIC BLACKOUT’ TO PROTEST ICE OPERATIONS IN MINNEAPOLIS

Person with "POLICE ICE" sign on their vest

Victor Manuel Diaz was detained on Jan. 6 as part of the federal immigration raids in Minnesota before being sent to Texas. (Victor J. Blue/Bloomberg via Getty Images)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

A preliminary investigation by the El Paso County Medical Examiner’s Office found Lunas Campos died from asphyxia from chest and neck compression and said the death would be classified as a homicide.

ICE said Lunas Campos’ death remains under investigation.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.



Source link

World

Post navigation

Previous Post: Greenland ‘will stay Greenland’, former Trump adviser declares
Next Post: Scientists plan deep-sea expedition to probe ‘dark oxygen’

More Related Articles

Poland ends arms supply to Ukraine to focus on its own defense: Polish PM – SUCH TV Poland ends arms supply to Ukraine to focus on its own defense: Polish PM – SUCH TV World
What the timing of the FBI’s image release suggests in the Nancy Guthrie case: crime insider What the timing of the FBI’s image release suggests in the Nancy Guthrie case: crime insider World
Fugitive dad who hid 3 children in the wilderness for nearly 4 years killed in police shootout Fugitive dad who hid 3 children in the wilderness for nearly 4 years killed in police shootout World
Sweden resumes aid to UNRWA as Israel steps up Gaza attacks – SUCH TV Sweden resumes aid to UNRWA as Israel steps up Gaza attacks – SUCH TV World
Newsom signs bill requiring schools to restrict cellphone use in California schools Newsom signs bill requiring schools to restrict cellphone use in California schools World
Trump Says Netanyahu ‘Will Not Strike’ Qatar Again – SUCH TV Trump Says Netanyahu ‘Will Not Strike’ Qatar Again – SUCH TV World

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Section of Eiffel Tower staircase fetches over €450,000 at auction
  • Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert turns grief over son’s rare disease into search for a cure
  • California man charged with attempted murder after bloody attack outside San Diego ‘Trump House’
  • EasyJet boss says summer flights won’t be hit by jet fuel shortages
  • Coco Gauff dominates Jelena Ostapenko to reach her first US Open semifinal | CNN

Categories

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Life Style
  • Sports
  • World

Copyright © 2026 Breaking News.

Powered by PressBook Blog WordPress theme