Skip to content
Breaking News

Breaking News

  • Home
  • World
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Life Style
  • Sports
  • Toggle search form
White House locked down after shooting involving Secret Service, suspect killed

White House locked down after shooting involving Secret Service, suspect killed

Posted on May 23, 2026 By Admin No Comments on White House locked down after shooting involving Secret Service, suspect killed


  • Security forces flood White House area.
  • Police block access near White House complex.
  • FBI joins probe near White House perimeter.

Police and security forces swarmed the White House on Saturday evening after shots were fired in the area, authorities said.

US President Donald Trump was at the White House at the time as he worked to negotiate a deal with Iran.

A US law enforcement official said the suspect approached a checkpoint near the White House and opened fire on officers.

Police cordoned off access to the White House, and National Guard troops blocked an AFP reporter from entering the area in downtown Washington.

“FBI is on the scene and supporting Secret Service responding to shots fired near White House grounds,” FBI Director Kash Patel said on X.

Canadian tourist Reid Adrian told AFP he was in the area when “we heard probably 20 to 25 what sounded like fireworks, but they´re gunshots, and then everyone started running.”

Journalists who were on the White House North Lawn at the time said on X that they were ordered to run and shelter in the press briefing room.

ABC News correspondent Selina Wang had been recording a video for social media when the apparent gunfire broke out, capturing the sounds of the shots as she dove to the ground.

“It sounded like dozens of gunshots,” she said on X.

A Secret Service spokesman told AFP in a text message that the agency was still gathering information about the incident.

Trump, 79, has been the target of three alleged assassination attempts, the most recent of which took place on April 25 when an armed man stormed a security checkpoint near the ballroom where Trump was attending a media gala.


This is a developing story and is being updated with more details.





Source link

World

Post navigation

Previous Post: ‘Potential to diversify’: US state secretary Rubio pushes for US energy supplies to India in meeting with PM Modi

More Related Articles

Trump assassination attempt suspect Routh’s legal team considers insanity defense Trump assassination attempt suspect Routh’s legal team considers insanity defense World
Review: Citi Simplicity Credit Card | The Motley Fool Review: Citi Simplicity Credit Card | The Motley Fool World
Bangladesh protesters issue demands amid shaky calm – SUCH TV Bangladesh protesters issue demands amid shaky calm – SUCH TV World
Ukraine live briefing: U.S. ‘trying to nail down’ plane crash cause; Russia recovers black box Ukraine live briefing: U.S. ‘trying to nail down’ plane crash cause; Russia recovers black box World
Russia vows response after it says US-made ATACMS missiles targeted Belgorod Russia vows response after it says US-made ATACMS missiles targeted Belgorod World
Australia PM confirms China visit, Li says ready to resume exchanges – SUCH TV Australia PM confirms China visit, Li says ready to resume exchanges – SUCH TV World

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • White House locked down after shooting involving Secret Service, suspect killed
  • ‘Potential to diversify’: US state secretary Rubio pushes for US energy supplies to India in meeting with PM Modi
  • Section of Eiffel Tower staircase fetches over €450,000 at auction
  • Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert turns grief over son’s rare disease into search for a cure
  • California man charged with attempted murder after bloody attack outside San Diego ‘Trump House’

Categories

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Life Style
  • Sports
  • World

Copyright © 2026 Breaking News.

Powered by PressBook Blog WordPress theme